Updated: Oct 9
🔹Losing weight involves a combination of healthy eating, regular physical activity, and lifestyle changes. Like most things in life, sometimes the hardest part is just getting started. Commit and never look back. Here's a detailed guide on how to get there..
🔹 Set Realistic Goals - This is probably the most important thing to do so you don’t burn yourself out. Determine how much weight you want to lose and set achievable, gradual goals. Aim for 1-2 pounds per week as a safe and sustainable rate. This is DOABLE
🔹 Healthy Eating
- Caloric Deficit - I preach this to all my clients. Create a calorie deficit by consuming fewer calories than you burn (It’s that simple!) Use a calorie calculator to estimate your daily calorie needs.
- Balanced Diet - Focus on whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats. None of that processed shit you find on shelves in the supermarket or at fast food joints.
- Portion Control - Be mindful of portion sizes to avoid overeating.
- Meal Planning - Plan your meals and snacks to prevent impulsive, unhealthy choices.
- Hydration - Drink plenty of water, as thirst can sometimes be mistaken for hunger.
- Tricking the mind - Use smaller plates when eating, it makes the portions look bigger and will also slow down your intake. Drink a big glass of water before a meal, this will fill up your stomach if you’re an over eater and give you the feeling of being full.
🔹 Regular Exercise
- Aerobic Exercise - Engage in activities like brisk walking, jogging, cycling, or swimming to burn calories.
- Strength Training - Include resistance exercises to build muscle, which can boost metabolism.
- Consistency - Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise per week, along with muscle-strengthening activities on two or more days per week.
🔹 Monitor Progress
- Keep a Food Diary - Track your meals, snacks, and beverages to stay accountable.
- Weigh Yourself - Weigh in regularly, it important to track your progress. I'd recommend week
- Measurements - Consider measuring your waist, hips, and other areas to see changes beyond the scale.
🔹 Healthy Habits
- Sleep - Get 7-9 hours of quality sleep per night, as poor sleep can affect hunger and metabolism.
- Stress Management - Practice stress-reduction techniques like meditation or yoga to prevent emotional eating.
- Support System - Seek support from friends, family, or a healthcare professional if needed.
🔹 Be Patient - Weight loss takes time, and plateaus or setbacks are common. Stay committed to your plan.
🔹 Consult a Professional (Steven Michaels Fitness) If you have specific health concerns or are unsure how to start, let me help you achieve your goals with a tailored plan specifically designed for your goals.
🔹Big thing to remember is, it's essential to approach weight loss with a focus on long-term health and well-being, rather than quick fixes or extreme diets that never last, as they are often unsustainable and can be harmful. Your individual needs and circumstances should guide your weight loss journey. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me so I can help you find the best path for you to live your best life.